Data transmission over the internet may not be secure (including when using email). Be aware that it cannot be guaranteed that your data is not accessed by third parties when you do so.
Any data provided on this site (including the contact data in the About Us section) may not be used to contact us for purposes beyond the use of the website or the Alexa-KNX licenses. Specifically, we do not consent to be sent advertising or any other information unless it has been expressly requested by us. In case of any such advertising, information, spam mail, etc., being sent to us without our consent we reserve the right to take legal action.
Information We CollectWe only collect daten when and where it is required to fulfil our contract of service with you and to satisfy our legal obligations. This information includes:
- Your HomeServer serial number
- Email Address
- Phone Number (should you provide it)
- Payment related information is processed by our payment provider only and not stored by us
Data Collection and UsageYour data is collected when you visit our website and enter details into fields on the website.
- When you enter information into fields such as name and address details on the ordering page this information is stored on our servers. This information is used to create a record of your licenses and to provide the service to you.
- You can contact us through our website, for example by email. If you do so, you consent that any information you provide is stored as required to process and service your question or request and to contact you with a response. No data will be passed to third parties.
- We may use your email address to contact you to notify you of new versions of the Alexa-KNX Skills or to provide information relevant to the use of the Alexa-KNX Skills.
- When you pay for your order by card your card details are held by the third-party payment provider PayPal.
- As you connect your Amazon account with one or both of the Alexa-KNX skills you consent that your last name, first name(s) and email address are transferred to us. Your data will solely be used to provide the service "Connection of Amazon Alexa with the Gira HomeServer“.
Legal Basis for Processing Your DataThis section describes on what legal grounds we process your data as a Controller of that data.
Contract – When you enter your personal details into our website forms or fields, you are asking us to perform a specific service. To fulfil that service (for example to answer a question, license Alexa-KNX or take your payment) we need to process your data, and in this instance our legal basis is contractual.
Legitimate interests – We perform certain tasks to improve our services to you and to keep our website and business active and running effectively, allowing you to use our services. To perform these tasks, it is necessary to process some of your personal data. Examples include: mailing you product information or to offer additional support, feedback requests by email (market research).
For these instances we have carried out an assessment to establish the balance of our legitimate interests and yours (LIA) and to ensure your rights and freedoms are respected. As such, in these instances consent is not required but we still give you the opportunity to opt out of these activities by contacting us by phone or email (see About Us section).
Consent – We do not send you marketing and promotional emails we would need your explicit consent for.
Who We Share Data WithYour data will not be shared with third parties unless required during the payment process, to operate Alexa-KNX or if required by law.
We do not sell or share your data with any other third party for marketing purposes.
We use third party systems for specific activities such as the ones described in the "Data Collection and Usage" section. Only the necessary information is passed to these systems.
All data used by third party systems or shared in the way described above are processors of that data on our behalf and abide by the same regulations and privacy laws set out by GDPR legislation.
Protecting Your DataYour data is stored in secure systems. Please ensure that you always use an https connection when interacting with our website.
Your Rights under the GDPR
- The right to access – You have the right to view the personal data we hold about you. You can request a copy of this data by contacting us by phone or email (see About Us section).
- The right to rectification – If the data we hold is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct it.
- The right to erasure – You have a right to request that the data we store about you is erased unless this conflicts with our legal obligations. Please note that we may be unable to continue to provide the Alexa-KNX Skills to you if you request required data to be deleted.
- The right to restrict processing – You can object to some of the ways we process your data.
- The right to portability – you can request that we give you the data we hold (that was provided by you) in a structured format so it can be moved to another system.
- The right to object – You have the right to object to the processing of personal data.
- Rights related to automated decision making – Not applicable.
Data Transfer (Outside the EU)Some of the third-party service providers we use (like PayPal or Amazon) may have data storage located outside of the EU, meaning that some personal data may be held there. We have taken the necessary steps to meet GDPR guidelines and to ensure that these systems also comply with the data protection laws set out by GDPR.
Data Retention PeriodData is stored in our systems (or systems that we use) for as long as we are required to keep them by law. After this time, data will be deleted from our system in accordance with the GDPR.
If you have previously given us consent and you decide to remove this consent, we will keep the minimum required information needed to add you to a suppression list.